Appendix I - Cast of Characters
These are the different types of people who are going to pop in and out of your life/story while you’re on this adventure. Some people can be more than one at the same damn time, or even positive or negative, truthfully some don’t even necessarily have to be human, so keep your eyes and ears open!
1. Hero - You are the hero of your own story. To be a hero requires self-sacrifice. Also, its important to remember to be clear on WHAT you’re trying to accomplish and WHY! (Hero literally means to protect and serve, ironically)
2. Ol’ Head - This person is basically the person who schools you to the game. They guide you based on what they know. Sometimes they know a lot, sometimes they know specifics, sometimes they just keep it real and hit you with logic and/or common sense. They don’t have to be old, but experience is a great teacher.
3. The Shade - A biter, hater, competition, etc... Sometimes they can straight up be your enemies, most times they are just distractions personified. The nouns (people, places, things, or ideas) that are keep you from accomplishing your goal.
4. The Ace - This is your #1, right-hand, the person who’s in the thick of it with you. It could be your lady, or your homie, etc. The thing is they’re not you, and usually they see things differently than you do. At times it can appear that they’re only person who understands you and at other times like they barely know you at all. They can be the one who saves you from the wolves or feeds you to them.
5. Mr./Mrs. Cameo - This random person shows up for a time or from time-to-time. They can drop that hint that changes everything, or maybe they’ll give you that piece of advice that causes you to make a horrible decision. It’s hard to know their motives because you don’t know them like that.
6. The Network - This is how you know what’s going on. That opportunity, the gossip, etc. This is how you know the tea was spilt and who spilt it.
7. The Squad/Team - No person is an island. You have strengths, you have weakness. A wise person has a person/people around them who can do the things that she can’t do or is unable to.